[Homestead] solar tube question

deb stufunlimited at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 10 11:34:14 EDT 2008

Hi Gene,
My biggest issue is really with the amount of shade I have.  On my acre of ground the one sunny spot I have only gets 4-6 hours of sun a day depending on the time of year and the trees I have are all huge...100' plus and most are the reason I bought the property.  I do grow cooking and medicinal herbs and have raised broc and snap peas.  I do grow some herbs under lights in the winter for cooking, but the cost of running enough lighting to produce an adequate amount of food seems prohibitive to me right now.    I am also slighly disabled and full production in an outside environment is not something I can physically do.  I can't think of anything I grow that would be considered 'special', with the exception of some white sage plants I am trying out which are used for Native American cleansing rituals.  I feared it wouldn't work, but thought I would check with you guys to make sure.
Thanks for the input.
Deb