[Homestead] Cordless drill batteries

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Sat Feb 9 16:07:48 EST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008, at 11:02 AM, WF Smith wrote:

>>  I'm a Dewalt fan based on my and my employees experiences with them.

I am a serious DeWalt fan. My first power tool was a DeWalt nine-inch
radial arm saw I bought 46-47 years ago. It has been used plenty. I
have wired it back and forth from 120 to 240 depending on power source
and hauled it around to many new residences. The motor has never had a
lick of work. It sits in my garage here and still does anything I ask
of it, accurately.

Based on that history I bought a couple years ago the twelve-inch
DeWalt sliding miter saw. I am totally happy with it.

A premium with the above was a 5/8-inch air brad nailer. Haven't tried
it yet.

I bought last year a DeWalt corded half-inch drill. I changed the
chuck to keyless. I like it fine, except I am still getting used to
the power. Have gouged my hands a bit from forgetting to unplug when
changing a bit when it still had the keyed chuck.