[Homestead] Peppers, was Canned Meats

Lynda lurine at com-pair.net
Mon Dec 29 18:19:45 EST 2008

When we lived in Mexico, the peppers were roasted and then peeled and
seeded.  Some of the pepper was put in the water and simmer and some was
smashed up in a pestal or on a butcher block (usually a chunk of stump) with
garlic and salt until you had a paste and then added into the liquid.  The
pepper "disappears" and sort of becomes a thickener.  Then you have a thin
mole, not a "water."

This type of mole is what I add to rice to make a true Mexican rice which is
baked, not boiled/simmered, btw, and when done this way comes out perfectly
every single time.

Why can't you grow peppers?

Lynda