[Homestead] Seed shortages

Leslie cayadopi at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 21:28:02 EST 2008

Isn't that the truth...  I figured it's a big learning curve, and while not only learning, but to tide over between the crop losses, I'll continue to stock some store bought food.  Otherwise I'd probably have to count on eating only a few different foods for a year... LOL.

You wouldn't believe how fast things dry here, including my skin.... I took seeds from an eggplant yesterday as an experiment, they are dry on the outside already.  When I first moved here the humidity was at times below 20%

Wind I think will be a challenge at times.  I found a huge stack of 4'x4' crates (for free).  Had my brother cut one down to a more manageable height... for starters to start compost.  And then I started to think if I lined the inside a bit with something to keep the compost from slipping out the cracks, it would be perfect for veggies, as I could use the sides as wind breaks.  Another experiment to conduct....