[Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

eureka at hctc.net eureka at hctc.net
Thu Dec 4 09:48:38 EST 2008

East of IH-35 (runs through Austin and San Antonio) the
soil is Blackland Prairie, there are bayous, people eat
crawdads and you hear the Cajun influence in their
speaking. I would have to agree this part would have to be
the south. Both the Panhandle and the fat arm of Big Bend
(mountain time zone) are southwestern in arid climate,
Mexican food heavily influenced by Pueblo Indians, and
horse and cowboy culture are still alive. South Texas
might as well be in Mexico as it has a very Tex-Mex feel
and lots of agriculture. Dallas and north Texas might be
more midwestern, it's all suburb and mall culture built on
top of what was once farms.