[Homestead] Eating/Killing

paxamicus at earthlink.net paxamicus at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 10:14:17 EDT 2008

I am a bit behind in my e mail, no? This moving thing is a drag...

Anyway, Gene, you brought this up and even though I didn't have time
to respond earlier, I've been thinking about it.  It boils down to,
(for me) that you need to eat or die. So eat with the same intention
to which you give the other things that are important in your life.
There is no right answer all the time.
Locavorism, organic, vegan, veg, cruelty-free, whatever it is that's
important to you, that's the best you can do. And I admire other
people who can make a strong stand. Other than healthy for my family
and some attention to sourcing, my food has not been my overwhelming
interest. You only have so much attention to pay. That said, I am
grateful to those of my compadres who have gone out and insisted that
fresh, healthy, sustainable, organic food is more and more readily
available.

The real issue is when people abuse food. Eat to live, and suddenly
your choices fall into place.

That said, I had red meat recently for the first time in 4 years. I
felt like crud for two days. Just horrible. Stodgy and stuffed and
bloated and sleepy. It was horrible. I am glad I caved to my craving
because I for sure won't be needing to do that again any time soon.

Celia