[Homestead] More updates and a question about Denim

SJC indexer at localnet.com
Sat Sep 29 23:57:50 EDT 2007

A product is made to use in the washer for the very purpose of making
denim look 'stone washed', or at least there was one a few years ago.
I  worked with fabric and machines at the time and we had one in the
store where I worked but I can't for the life of me think of the name.
Try asking at a store which carries mid-low quality fabric, like JoAnn
or Hancocks.  Then I'd take said project and the fabric and stuff it in
the big washer at the laundromat, where they hopefully have a water
treatment to get the junk out of the water......

The upper end fabric shop folks will just look at you like you have two
heads; they don't "abuse" fabric, I was once told when looking for
fabric for a textured project.

SJ, in Maine, where we can at the moment see the biggest moondog I've
ever seen in my life, very exciting to those of us with simple minds....