[Homestead] Water

Lynda lurine at softcom.net
Wed Nov 28 12:58:09 EST 2007

That's what most of the houses on this road have.  Some have the big
green/black plastic looking tanks and some have the cement things that look
like septic tanks.  All use gravity feed to their houses.

We're one of the few that has a regular well and pump.  Of course, most
folks are amazed at the set-up here because our well is 1,000 feet from the
house AND between 100 and 200 feet (don't feel like doing the math <g>)
lower in elevation than the house.  Not a whole lot of pressure but as good
as the other folks are getting with the gravity feeds.

We're looking at putting a cement tank or two on the top 3 acres across the
road.  There hasn't been much rain around here in about 3 years and we
haven't seen any to speak of so far this year AND no snow!  If it keeps
looking dry then we'll pump water up in the winter to fill the tanks so
we'll have water later in the year.

Lynda