[Homestead] An attire dilemma

EarthNSky erthnsky at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 8 16:11:33 EST 2007

Warren wrote:
> I'd hang on to the shoeshine kit. If for no other reason, one of
> these days you may have the opportunity to teach a youngster what it
> is and how it's used.

That was my first thought.  In today's throw away society, hardly anyone
shines shoes anymore..a scuffed pair goes into the trash.  I wear my
Brahma boots all the time..they look like crap..lol..but a week or two
ago (before I dirtied them up again), I took the time to shine and
polish them..they looked brand new for a while.
My stepfather has a shoeshine box that I would dearly love to have.  I
remember it from the time I was a wee kid...I was told not to touch it,
that there was a bomb inside that would go off if I put my foot on the
box or open it...I must have been a teenager before I figured out that
they just told me that so that I would not make a mess of the
polish..lol..memories..

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm   Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.