[Homestead] Finding that Homesteading Partner, was Re: Moving?

Gloria Morris gloriamorris59 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 16:03:07 EST 2006

On 11/22/06, Linda <intuit at teleport.com> wrote:
> If I may butt in?  Speaking of long distance boyfriends?  My husband passed
> away almost 2 years ago, and I figured it's time to start living again or
> I'd dry up and blow away. (kids were bugging me) so I got on line and joined
> one of the meet a match .com clubs. I sure did!  I'd wake up each morning to
> 30 new messages- and to make a long story short, most of them turned out to
> be crooked as heck or older than dirt!  What do *good* women like us do? How
> do you meet a nice man who doesn't want to take everything you've worked so
> hard for?    Linda: in NW WA

That's a good question, Linda! I wish I had a good answer. I tried
going to church to meet someone of similarly like mind, but while I'm
spiritual, I'm not very religious, so that really didn't work well for
me. I don't meet men at my women's drumming circle, and the men's
drumming circle takes a dim view of women with drums! I don't meet
very many men through my handspinning and knitting groups. I have
tried the horse angle, since I've been horse crazy since I was a tot
and horses have always been a huge part of my life. But there's maybe
a reason for the song "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be
cowboys." <grin>

I figure you just live your life and hopefully meet someone good for
you. And if not, at least you'll be living your life the way you want
to live, with or without a partner. There's bad apples everywhere,
whether at the feed mill in a small town or on the Internet. I have a
friend who used to be a bartender at a bar in a little town. She said
it was all she could do to bite her tongue when she'd see a man out
with his girlfriend on Saturday night, and in church on Sunday morning
with the wife and kids. I guess that is just another way of saying
that you'll find bad apples everywhere, and probably a few keepers too
- I don't think there is one good way of finding them.

Gloria