[Homestead] Cooking day

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 20 15:54:29 EDT 2006

>That’s a lot of questions. I have an old Servel gas refirgerator as a
>backup/shop/beer fridge. It runs on propane. A LOT of propane. I think
>electricity is a more efficient source of cooling than the gas. When
>propane shot up in price I turned the Servel off and am using a small
>electric for now. I am not aware of a gas freezer available for sale.

RVs use propane for the refrigerator and freezer.  Most are set up for propane and 120VAC.  Some are also setup for 12VDC.  The one I have is smaller and is only AC or propane.  It does a very good job even here in muggy houston.  They are available at RV salvage yards and at any RV store.

Don Bowen        Awl Knotted Up        KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal