[Homestead] Grease gun recommendations?

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Tue Jun 6 10:08:15 EDT 2006

>With the cartridge in the gun you smack the pump end when it hits an
>air pocket. There is usually some type of flat spot where you can hit
>it. You just want to force the grease down, not break the grease gun.
>No matter how you look at it it's a pain in the butt when you hit an air spot.

If this works, I owe you a pizza and all the beer you can drink.

The backhoe requires almost daily maintenance depending on hours
used. The grease gun air pockets have been a constant irritation. The
manufacturer instructions say to engage the follower, unscrew the
body up to a full turn and let the plunger push the air out. Hah!
After doing that several times with no change I highly desire a
direct line to the president of the company.