[Homestead] Web based email
Jerry W. Shepperd
shepperd at austincc.edu
Thu Jun 16 00:11:10 EDT 2005
Google is starting a new e-mail service, called Gmail. Here is some info.
Good luck on selling your house.
What is Gmail?
As part of Google's mission to organize the world's information and make it
universally accessible and useful, we're testing an email service called
Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that includes more than 2,000
megabytes (two gigabytes) of storage. The backbone of Gmail is a powerful
Google search engine that quickly finds any message an account owner has
ever sent or received. That means there's no need to file messages in order
to find them again.
When Gmail displays an email, it automatically shows all the replies to
that email as well, so users can view a message in the context of a
conversation. There are no pop-ups or untargeted banner ads in Gmail, which
places relevant text ads and links to related web pages adjacent to email
* Cost: Free
* Storage: 2,000+ megabytes (and counting)
* Languages: Messages can be sent and read in most languages. The Gmail
interface is available in many languages, including UK English, Dutch,
French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish,
and simplified and traditional Chinese, and we are continuing to add more.
* Access: Free automatic forwarding and POP3 access
* Fully supported browsers:
* - Microsoft IE 5.5+ (download:
* - Netscape 7.1+ (download:
* - Mozilla 1.4+ (download:
* - Mozilla Firefox 0.8+ (download:
* - Safari 1.2.1+ (download: <http://www.apple.com/safari/download/>Mac)
* Many other browsers work with Gmail's basic HTML view, including:
* - Microsoft IE 4.0+
* - Netscape 4.07+
* - Opera 6.03+
At 10:54 PM 6/15/2005, Rob Walton wrote:
>Any free web based email services that you recommend. Cutting the strings
>here, for sale sign should go in front of the house tomorrow. Hope the
>house sells fast. Want to get myself set up with email for when I
>disconnect this account an I have not used one in ages.
>Rob in FL
>Homestead list and subscription:
>Change your homestead list member options:
>View the archives at:
More information about the Homestead