[Homestead] Retirement planning, was Saving for a Rainy Quarter Century

Marie McHarry mmcharry at dtnspeed.net
Fri Dec 17 21:40:08 EST 2004

Gene asks:

<<How are you planning for your retirement years?>>

Retire? I will probably be working until the Grim Reaper, in his infinite
mercy, beckons me to follow him to the next world. I don't believe I'm
starting a trend. When I drop in at MacDonald's (not often) I find the
ladies working there are at least as old as my 85-year-old mother (or at
least they look that old). I can retire when I achieve the "rule of 85" --
age + work years equal 85. With any luck, I'll be able to retire sometime
before the middle of the century.

Marie