Transfiguration/Resurrection

Dennis MacDonald dmacdon at cst.edu
Tue Jun 12 10:50:14 EDT 2001

Joe, I think it exceptional that the reference to the clothing of Jesus
gleaming like no earthly bleacher could produce (viz. a divine bleacher) in
the context of a transfiguration both in the Odyssey and Mark can be no
accident, especially in light of Jesus' command that the disciples not tell
anyone what they had seen, like Odysseus to Telemachus. None of the
examples you cite mentions a heavenly bleacher or a command to silence.
By the way, it's good to hear from you again.
Dennis