[freetds] FreeTDS and ODBC

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Wed Nov 25 22:12:12 EST 2009

Michal Seliga wrote:

> i try to connect to microsoft sql 2000 database which runs on another
> machine
>
> - tsql from freedts works (both using -S and configfile or using -H -p
> directly) - iodbctest works (using DSN with ServerName)
> - qt linked to iodbc library doesn't work  (every query returns empty
> resultset) - connection to database using isql (unixodbc) doesn't work -
> some queries work (for example select count(*) from sometable) , some
> return empty resultsets (for example select textcolumn from sometable)

It sounds to me like some upper layer is dropping your data.  That could
be because it's broken, or because it expects the ODBC driver to do
something it's not doing, or is doing differently.

TDSDUMP is your friend.  Make sure the data are being returned by the
server, and watch for errors that might not be shown by the qt layer.

HTH.