[freetds] SQLDescribeParam not supported by freeTDS Driver? Any work-around.

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Tue Jun 30 00:38:13 EDT 2009

nitin sayare wrote:
> I am trying to retrieve the meta-data of the
> parameters of the Prepared statement, using SQLDescribeParam(), but when
> I call SQLDescribeParam() it gives me error saying "This function is not
> supported by the driver".

SQLDescribeParam() is not and will not be supported until:

1.  We have an SQL parsing implementation, or
2.  Microsoft provides support for it on the server.

Don't hold your breath for either one.  :-(

To the ODBC library, your prepared statement looks like:

	blah blah blah %1 blah blah

To know anything about that %1 it's necessary to know about most of those
blahs.

HTH.