[freetds] Need for 0.83 as stable version

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:40:08 EDT 2009

2009/6/3 Sebastien FLAESCH <sf at 4js.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any plan to make a stable release with 0.83?

Currently we have two stopover before a release... to sum up
- charset override for bcp
- strange rowset processing on dblib

If you use odbc there is no stopover...

> We experienced problems with 0.82 that are fixed in 0.83, but
> our customers hesitate to use a "non-stable" version.

I agree with your customers :)
The problem is that usually we release too stable releases :)

> Maybe some roadmap / plans on the website would help, just to
> give an idea of the future versions (availability, features).

The problem is that our stuff (currently me and James!) is quite busy
to do any plan...