[freetds] SQL Server 2008: Support for TIME(n) data type

Sebastien FLAESCH sf at 4js.com
Fri Jan 30 09:57:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if FreeTDS supports the new TIME(n) type of SQL Server 2008.

I try to bind an SQL Parameter with  SQL_C_TYPE_TIME / SQL_TYPE_TIME using
a TIME_STRUCT C structure, but I get following error:

  |   sqlstate      : 42000
  |   sqlerrd2      : -402
  |   sql message   : [FreeTDS][SQL Server]The data types time and datetime are incompatible in the equal to operator.

Is this type supported and if yes do you have regression tests?

It is actually a TIME(0) in the SQL Server 2008 database.

Thanks a lot,
Seb