[freetds] MS Sql 2005 and prepared queries

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu Jul 17 10:44:11 EDT 2008

Royce Smallbone wrote:
> latest stable version of FreeTDS.

I assume you mean 0.82.

> I have been writing a program
> using Qt4 in windows and am porting across to Linux, it makes
> extensive use of prepared queries.
>
> I can't seem to get these to execute under FreeTDS, is this supported
> yet?

Yes.

> I get am getting the following errors in my odbc log:
>
> [[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid data type]

Perhaps your parameter binding is wrong.

You need more detailed information.  You can use TDSDUMP to log the
session, and examine the log for error messages coming back from the
server.  If it's strictly a client-side error, it will also show where in
the ODBC library the error originates.

HTH.