[freetds] Want to use fast forward cursors (SQL_CO_FFO) and MARS

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Mon May 5 09:24:31 EDT 2008

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> Where to define these constants? Should we create
> a tdsodbcss.h header?? Or should we install it as odbcss.h??

Hi Freddy,

Oh, goodie!  A chance to offer an opinion!

I don't like tdsodbcss.h because

	#include "odbcss.h"

doesn't work.

We should call it odbcss.h.  It should use identical names and values.

> should we install this header or not??

Yes.  Anyone installing FreeTDS alongside Microsoft's libraries already
deals with duplicate header and library names.

The version of odbcss.h on my machine defines 360 symbolic constants.  Our
file should define only those symbols implemented by the FreeTDS ODBC
driver.

Regards,