[freetds] Question about alpha vs RC vs stable releases

Medi Montaseri medi at resonate.com
Fri Mar 30 21:33:57 EDT 2007

Hi,
Just joining this forum....I would like to download the latest
production quality stable release. I intend to use this on a linux
x86_64 machine.

>From http://www.freetds.org/software.html one can proceed to stable
releases at  http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/ where
the README would says:

$Id: README,v 1.10.4.1 2006/07/01 15:09:33 jklowden Exp $
README for FreeTDS 0.64
Saturday 1 July 2006

So looks like 0.64 is the one I should be getting. However
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-0.64.tar.gz is
clearly in some ALPHA directory. Should I just "never mind" the path and
trust that 0.64 is stable or what ?

Then I come accross a file called
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/README.index that
reads
The numbering system is rational but potentially confusing.

The current stable release is 0.63.  It is quite new.

Enjoy.

--jkl

Hence this email....which is it; 0.63 or 0.64

Thanks
Medi