[freetds] error when ./configure --host=arm-linux

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Wed Jan 24 05:46:01 EST 2007

> i want to cross-compiling libtds.a, but error when configure,
> anybody knows
> whan is wrong?? thanks...
>
> [root at liang freetds-0.63]# ./configure --host=arm-linux
> checking for which type of getservbyname_r... six
> checking for which type of gethostbyaddr_r... eight
> checking for which type of getpwuid_r... configure: error:
> cannot run test
> program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details.

I know 0.63 have this problem cross compiling. Problem has been fixed in
CVS HEAD (that is not in 0.64). You could try --disable-threadsafe if
skip this test or you could copy new macro code from
m4/ac_tds_func_which_getpwuid_r.m4
(http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/freetds/freetds/m4/ac_tds_func_which
_getpwuid_r.m4?revision=1.4&view=markup) to acinlude.m4, generate new
files (you have to use autoconf and related stuff)