[freetds] FreeTDS and SQL server 2005

Pieter Rautenbach parautenbach at gmail.com
Mon May 29 08:56:55 EDT 2006

Hello Mailing List,

I've been using FreeTDS 0.63 without problems with MS SQL server 2000.
I've just setup CentOS and configured FreeTDS with unixODBC and want
to connect to a MS SQL server 2005 database. I can connect to the DB
with both tsql and isql. However, if I set TDS_Version to 8.0 in my
odbc.ini, I get the following error:

SQL> select getdate();
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare

If I change TDS_Version to 4.2 or 7.0 the above works.

SQL> select getdate();
+-------------------------+
|                         |
| 2006-05-29 14:56:12.330 |
SQLRowCount returns 1
1 rows fetched

I would like to know whether anyone has experienced a similar problem
before or could perhaps point me to the relevent documentation if I
have missed something obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pieter Rautenbach