[freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 9

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Fri Jan 14 12:12:05 EST 2005

: From: ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT
: Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 11:28 AM
:
: > http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-0.63
: > RC9.tar.gz
: >
: > I think this is the real deal.  Only small changes from RC8.  Absent
: > complaints, expect 0.63 to be released next week.
:
: Perhaps it would be fine to backport latest fix for long column names
: from 0.64. It break compability of libTDS so it's better to code
before
: final release.

Not worth it, IMO.

The fix is good and right, and I'm glad you put it in.  But I don't want
to bump the .so number of the RC for a change that will affect only a
very small number of people (those with column names > 255 characters).
Anyone needing that feature can apply the patch himself or upgrade.

BTW, thanks for clearing out those unnecessary casts in dblib.c  I am
often tempted to remove casts, and wonder if they're there for some
compiler that needs them.