[freetds] '?' placeholders for Sybase

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Fri Nov 26 04:31:23 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am wondering how hard it would be to add support for ?-placeholders
for Sybase to FreeTDS. As far as I can see, this has been a
long-standing TODO item, and I wonder what exactly the difficulty is.

Since support for this seems to exist for MSSQL-Server, I assume that
the basic functionality is present in FreeTDS, so I suppose it should
just be a matter of correctly detecting whether the Sybase server
returns this capability upon login. Is that a correct assumption?

Kind regards, Maarten