[freetds] dblib and thread safety

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Wed Sep 22 11:58:02 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: liam at inodes.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:51 AM

I still don't understand why we can not put a per-connection tds_ctx
inside
every individual DBPROCESS structure? I am no where near as familiar
with the
internals of TDS as you are so is there some reason why you do not want
do this?
-----End Original Message-----

Bill, Brian, can you address this?

I think the answer is, "because all db-lib operations effectly take
place in a single global context".  But must they?