[freetds] Can connect with TDS, but not ODBC

Casey Allen Shobe cshobe at osss.net
Tue Feb 17 21:00:27 EST 2004

Lowden, James K wrote:

>freetds.conf won't be consulted, because you're using the "Server" attribute.

I've tried Servername = adreports as well - no difference. in any of the
errors.

>Does "tsql -H 172.16.0.216 -p 1433" (and providing the right username+password) work?

It logs in, yes.  I'm not quite sure what to type at the prompts...or if
it even matters.

I also have a test perl script, which runs a select @@version and shows
me all the info using DBD::Sybase.

In both cases I see logins/outs in MS Profiler on the database.  I don't
see anything when I try to connect via unixODBC.

>What does unixODBC's isql report?

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Nothing clear :\.  I'm running my script from Windows for the time
being, but it's slooooow ;-).

- Casey