[freetds] Re: result of PHP odbc_field_type() call
andreas.schloegl at aon.at
Sat Jan 3 13:40:07 EST 2004
> > Hi,
> > I'm using FreeTDS version 0.61 mostly with PHP over UnixODBC version 2.2.3
> > connect to several MSSQL Servers version 7.0, using version 7.0 in
> > freetds.conf file.
> > I'm happy with FreeTDS, but can see that some functions are not supported
> > looks like.
> > The PHP function odbc_field_type() doesn't return anything useful. Is that
> > known? Can anybody confirm that this function is not supported yet or is
> > something else which might be wrong here?
> > Regards,
> > Andreas
> SQLColAttributes/SQL_COLUMN_TYPE_NAME was not implemented in 0.61.
> Try a recent snapshot (recommended using old platform or *BSD/Mac OS X)
> or RC1
> Thanks for your response. I tried 0.62dev20031227. The result: It doesn't
> work, too. Furthermore the PHP call odbc_field_len() returns a large
> number now! This functions was working in version 0.61!
:( I think you encountered a problem fixed very recently:
Mon Dec 29 17:07:45 CET 2003 Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 at angelfire.com>
* include/tds_sysdep_private.h src/tds/login.c:
* src/tds/read.c src/tds/write.c:
- fix problem with win32
* src/odbc/odbc.c: fix problem with big-endian machines
* src/odbc/odbc_util.c src/odbc/odbc_util.h:
- fix possible lose of precision and string shorting
* src/tds/iconv.c: warning
* win32/config.h: remove warning
* win32/dev-cpp/FreeTDS.dev win32/dev-cpp/Makefile.win:
Try using my unofficial snapshot (see
I tested your version 0.62rc2. It works the same as with version 0.61 (at
least for those two PHP calls we are discussing here):
* PHP call odbc_field_len() is fine
* PHP function odbc_field_type() is not working
I hope it helps for further development.
Softwarelösungen & Consulting
PGP-key availabe for download
Home Office, Suse Linux 8.2
More information about the FreeTDS