FreeTDS Survey, Robert Banniza

Robert Banniza rpbanniz at ascensionhealth.org
Tue Sep 4 16:46:05 EDT 2001

James,
	First of all, I'd like to say that this is finally up and running after several days of messing with this. Before I go into detail of how this was fixed, I'd like to send out a thank you to Rick Irvine at Purdue and Brent Edwards here at Ascension for providing a fix to this problem. Now for the fix...

To fix the problem of unresolved symbols within Solaris, the ~/freetds-0.52/src/dblib/Makefile.in file had to be modified so that all objects could be seen by PHP. Therefore, we changed line 102 from:

libsybdb_la_OBJECTS =  dblib.lo dbutil.lo rpc.lo bcp.lo xact.lo

__TO__

libsybdb_la_OBJECTS =  dblib.lo dbutil.lo rpc.lo bcp.lo xact.lo ../tds/mem.lo ../tds/token.lo ../tds/util.lo ../tds/login.lo ../tds/read.lo ../tds/write.lo ../tds/convert.lo ../tds/numeric.lo ../tds/config.lo

Now, all shared objects can be seen by PHP and all symbols are defined. Please pass this on to the developers that this needs to be done for FreeTDS to work with Solaris and PHP even though I had $SYBASE set and also had $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

Therefore, my entire build of PHP-4.06 was configured as such:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs              --with-ldap=/usr/local --with-snmp=/usr/local --enable-ucd-snmp-hack --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-discard-path --enable-versioning --with-mcrypt --with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds

I hope this helps others who are trying to compile FreeTDS (into PHP) on Solaris as this was time consuming finding a solution.

Sincerely,
Robert Banniza

>>> cameron at stl.dec.com 09/02/01 17:55 PM >>>
G'day Robert,

You responded to an old survey form of mine.  The notes you entered
suggested you had a symptom that had not yet been diagnosd.  I'm not
sure this is useful data for others to see.  Could you please find the
root cause for the problem you are experiencing and then fill out the
form again?

--
James Cameron                                 (james.cameron at compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/

NOTE: This e-mail message may contain information that may be privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure.  It is intended for use only by
the person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in
error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it
immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible by the reply option
or by telephone at the telephone number listed (if available).  Thank you.