Does FreeTDS support OpenVMS 7.1 ?

James Cameron cameron at
Sun Aug 5 19:52:12 EDT 2001

While FreeTDS has not been written to support OpenVMS, a guy in Russia
"Ruslan R. Laishev" <Laishev at> did have a go at making
it work.  He contributed the source back to the list, but I do not know
if the changes were merged. reveals this guy is involved in Radius on OpenVMS, and Samba
on OpenVMS.  This is good.  He seems to know what he is doing.

I checked out my mail archive.  He gave a home page URL of but it does not resolve for me.

I was unable to find the current source code repository of his work on
the subject.

James Cameron