jmx OutOfMemory problems with java5

Raffael Herzog herzog-lists at raffael.ch
Thu Mar 10 19:00:23 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 10.03.2005, 22:02 +0000 schrieb Peter Neubauer:
> Is this transit not working or something else? Does the URL need to be created
> with the Handler? Or is Transit not registering the URL handler by default?

This is *the* interesting question, which I might be able to give you
some more information on soon. The IDEA plugin currently uses local
paths converted to URLs for libraries, i.e.
"jar:///path/to/dpml/cache/group/jars/name-version.jar!/". Using
"artifact:jar:group/name#version!/" instead in a Transit-enabled IDEA
would add automatic downloading of JARs -- or cause it to bail out with
OutOfMemoryError. I'll soon try that.

OK, the IDEA isn't debuggable because the code is obfuscated, but if two
programs are expecting URLs not pointing to, but pointing *into* a JAR
file and both fail the same way, it's most probably Transit's
fault ... :)

cu,
   Raffi

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is
no difference, but in practice, there is.

herzog at raffael.ch · ICQ#67961355 · PGP Key 5D1FF5F4 · wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net