Custom script names for magic projects?

Peter Neubauer peter at neubauer.se
Mon Mar 7 11:11:55 EST 2005

Hi,
I think it would be very convenient to be able to specify the name of the ant
build script in the project definition, thereby enabling several projects to
share the same project folder, but generate different artifacts. Benefits:
-  "cheap" way to get processors or mutliple artifacts from the same sourfce,
- get down the number of folders created e.g. jsut for a block task in the
build.xml
- reuse build.properties for several project, if applicable

I'm imagining something like

	<project>
		<basedir>test</basedir>
		<scriptname>ant-test-impl.xml</scriptname>
		<type>jar</type>
	</project>
	<project>
		<basedir>test</basedir>
		<scriptname>ant-test-block.xml</scriptname>
		<type>block</type>
	</project>

Default would of course be build.xml. Should be fairly simple to implement,
but I don't know how the reactor task is working - if it starts with the
index and executes all projects below the current or if it just scans every
subfolder for "build.xml"?

wdyt?

/peter