[Compostteas] Protozoa

Jeff Lowenfels jeff at gardener.com
Tue Jun 4 13:28:29 EDT 2002

Does anyone have any experience growing protozoa to apply to post-compost
tea applied areas?

I've grown them using straw in water but it occurs to me that the mix
becomes anaerobic quickly and that I have anaerobic protozoa. 	That doesn't
bother me, but I don't want to apply the stuff to my lawn.  So I am going to
start a bucket bubbler with straw and water to grow aerobic protozoa. Any
advice from folks?

Cheers,

Jeff