[Compostteas] aeration and cfm

eddington at lvcm.com eddington at lvcm.com
Tue Jun 4 10:11:45 EDT 2002

Hi to All,

We are using between 3-5 cfm per aeration device.  The aerator puts
out so much air then it gets divided by the number of aerators, and then
factor in the depth of water, total volume of water and a variety of losses
as the air moves through the system. I do not have the exact formula.
We had some engineers calculate all this for us.  But the general rule
of dividing the number of aeration devices by total output of air system
may help.

Carole Eddington