[Compostteas] Re: Nutrients and brewing Tea

Jeff Lowenfels jeff at gardener.com
Fri Jul 26 12:20:41 EDT 2002

I have not used anything but humic acid for the past few brews, but assumed
that it was the Alaska Humus that didn't need sugars. I believe this points
out the importance of an occasional test of the actual COMPOST being used to
make the tea.

Incidentally, my best fungal tests happen when I mix the humic acid with
worm castings before putting it into the brewer.  I was interested to learn
of the diminishment of ingredients suggested by SFI Australia. This seems to
be the trend.....less is best.

Cheers,

Jeff