[Internationalist Books] EVENTS: 'Found' @ Nightlight, 'Work, Autonomy and Autogestión in La Matanza, Argentina'

Internationalist Books ibooks at internationalistbooks.org
Mon Sep 26 15:56:09 EDT 2005

Internationalist Books & Community Center
405 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC  27516
919-942-1740
http://internationalistbooks.org/

***Before we get down to it I want to include a very sincere thanks to
Michal Osterweil and Steve Sherman for all their hard work in getting
buses and tabling organized for the rally this past weekend in
Washington DC.  I'd also like to thank everyone one who was able to give
  a little extra for their tickets which helped to provide scholarship
bus tickets as well as defray additional costs.***

*TOMORROW* TUESDAY, SEPT 27 - 'FOUND' MAGAZINE @ NIGHTLIGHT, 8pm

Internationalist Books is proud to be sponsoring Found Magazine's Lone
Surfer Tour 2005 on September 27 @ Nightlight (403 W. Rosemary St,
919.933.5550).  Join Davy Rothbart and Popcorn Pete for an evening of
fun found nonsense stories and music.

*THIS* WEDNESDAY, SEPT 28 - Work, Autonomy and Autogestión in La
Matanza, Argentina @ IBOOKS, 7pm

Liz Mason-Deese and Tim Stallmann spent two months this summer living
and working with the activists and workers of the Movimiento de
Trabajadores Desocupados -- La Matanza at their Centro para la Educación
y la Formación de Cultura Communitaria. They will talk some about the
background of the piquetero movement in Argentina and of the MTD
specifically, and then discuss some of the ideas that define the MTD's
project in La Matanza and imagine how they might inform our struggles
here in Chapel Hill and on UNC's campus; Specifically the ideas of work
with dignity, alternative conceptions of education, and autonomy both
from the state and from capitalism.

*NEXT* WEDNESDAY, OCT 5 - “Dead Men Don't Eat Lunch” @ IBOOKS, 7pm

English-American author, Geoffrey Gilson, will be giving readings from
his book, "Dead Men Don’t Eat Lunch".  "Dead Men" is the gripping tale
of Geoffrey’s discovery that the mysterious death of his closest friend,
Margaret Thatcher’s favorite speechwriter, was intimately connected to
the friend being a senior officer of and assassin for MI6, Britain’s
foreign intelligence service.  Geoffrey is a natural storyteller and
comic and his animated readings bring to life the high drama – and
sometimes low comedy – of his unique and ongoing adventures.  Geoffrey
is currently residing in the Carrboro area, while he puts the finishing
touches to his book, and then sets about getting it published.

*KATRINA*

Resources for Socially Responsible Hurricane Katrina Relief:
http://www.radicalreference.info/altkatrinarelief/

Supply and transport buses to New Orleans from the Triangle:
http://ncpeacejustice.org/

*MEMBERSHIP*

Help us continue to get you these emails, organizes buses, and offer an
open & active community space; become a member of Internationalist Books
(or renew)!  http://www.internationalistbooks.org/about/members/