[Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_ALL CC Licenses

Catharina Maracke catharina at creativecommons.org
Fri Jun 5 05:11:44 EDT 2009

Dear Movses,

Thank you very much for sending the amended license drafts!!
Everything looks fine to me, I just found some very small questions
which might only show up in the English versions but I wanted to make
sure that everything is then complete and corrected in the final
licenses in Armenian.

All licenses:

Preamble: Even if we have already discussed this section, I feel I
have to get back to it. The second sentence now reads "The rights of
the licensor with respect to his/her work are protected by the
republic of armenia law on copyright and related rights (hereinafter
referred to as law), and/or other applicable law." I find the addition
in brackets slightly confusing since in the same sentence the term
"law" is mentioned and would then - strictly speaking - mean that this
is a reference to the Armenian law again? I think we should just
delete the addition term in (brackets).

BY-NC-SA

License Grant: Section 3d) is missing?

BY-NC

In the license grant the term "adaptations" is used instead of
"derivative work". I understand that this is only the English
retranslation and this might have already been corrected in the
original Armenian licenses but I wanted to kindly emphasize that this
should be drafted carefully and consistently.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you agree with the above
mentioned comments, it would be nice to have the English versions
finally complete in our files before we move forward and start working
on the xhtml in Armenian.

Once again, thanks you very much for your time and energy on this
project! I am very much looking forward to seeing the Armenian
licenses go live!

Best regards,

Catharina

Dr. Catharina Maracke