[Cc-nz] Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement

Bronwyn Smith bronwyn at holloway.co.nz
Sat Sep 20 19:07:11 EDT 2008

To add to Mark's advice, this is also something that should be of concern to
any and all artists who use found/borrowed material in their work (ie for
research, remix, and/or response) and debatably anyone who browses the web!

As creators own the copyright of their work as "rights-holders" (or as it
may be, corporations who have bought those rights...), ACTA is being
proposed in the name of protecting their IP. As an artist, I'm not quite
convinced that the protection of my work's copyright warrants this kind of
activity.

See http://www.bronwyn.co.nz for a bit more...

> I do recommend your raise it with your local candidates and make a
> reasoned argument about the dangers of excessive IP (and I use the damn
> term reluctantly) legislation and enforcement.

Bronwyn Holloway-Smith

--
www.bronwyn.co.nz
www.myspace.com/elbowvsknee