[cc-metadata] metadata fun

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Tue Jul 26 11:42:23 EDT 2005

Talking about getting people to devote some time to CC-related tools, it
might be a good idea to contact some of the international CC crowd in
starting up a more lively dev community for CC tools. What do you think
about it? We could have the seperate part of the CC.org website
dedicated to developers enhanced a bit with stuff like roadmaps/wishes
etc? Stuff  that lets people know the CC development is not 'dead' (ths
site seems like this.. because of not so many updates..) If we can tap
into the various international CC communities with clear questions we
would have more of a chance to get a CC dev community.

I think it is very important to have easy accessible libraries/tools to
use for developers (and maybe end-users as well) to make sure the
embedding of CC metadate gets as widespread as possible and a lively dev
community might be the right way to facilitate this. I'm curious as what
are the plans of CC in combination with developers?

ps: Btw I am involved with the Dutch Creative Commons and I'd like to
help out with this.

grtz
BjornW