[cc-licenses] 912 emails about DRM

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Apr 18 20:14:07 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:56 AM, David Chart <bydosa at davidchart.com> wrote:
> It is no harder to copy and modify a DRM-protected version of a novel than a hardcopy novel. If the DRM
> can be legally circumvented, it may even be a lot easier.

Exactly.  I don't see the benefit of any DRM clause more onerous than
a grant of permission to circumvent any DRM.  For people who don't
want the DRM version, it only takes one person to circumvent the DRM
and release the unencrypted version.  And then people have a choice.
They can use the DRM version, which might work in more devices, or
they can use the non-DRM version, which might be easier to modify and
redistribute.