[cc-licenses] 4.0 draft ready for public comment

Sarah Pearson sarah at creativecommons.org
Tue Apr 10 00:00:23 EDT 2012

Hi Anthony,

Under v.3, licensees are obligated to provide the title of the work if
doing so is " reasonable to the medium or means." The small adjustment to
this obligation in v. 4 is that licensees are obligated to provide the
title of the work "in any reasonable manner based on the medium or means
used." In both versions, the title is only required if it is supplied by
the licensor.

We're very interested in hearing thoughts on how this obligation works in
practice (especially when it comes to attribution stacking issues), and
welcome any ideas on how to improve it in later drafts.

best,
Sarah