[cc-licenses] When will the BY-SA 4.0 draft be out?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 5 19:20:41 EDT 2012

Diane Peters <diane at creativecommons.org>
writes:

> Thanks for raising this.   As you know, BY-SA is derived from BY-NC-SA
> Draft 1, but with NC provisions removed and the relevant SA-related
> provisions added.

That's rather distressing. Why is the non-free NC clause given such
primacy in the process?

How can we convince you to focus primarily on free-culture licenses,
like CC-BY and CC-BY-SA, and derive the non-free licenses (if people
want them) from those free licenses?

--
 \        “The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must |
  `\      not conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.” |