[cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:21:51 EDT 2007

to: cc thailand, cc discussion list, asiacommons

We have had some recent discussions on the desirability/usefulness to
have an 'ethical use' clause as a possible add on to cc licenses

I can chose, attribution, non commercial, non derivative, sharealike
but nothing prevents a third party to use an image for something that
I do not approve of (in an unethical marketing campaign or an
unethical website etc)

In the story below I expect Virgin in turn can sue its Advertising
Agency, but thats beside the point

How do I go about adding an 'ethical use' clause, Your Honors?

--
Paola Di Maio
School of IT