[cc-licenses] multiple licenses of same image

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Jan 15 07:47:48 EST 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 10:48 pm, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 17:11 -0800, CM wrote:

> > Also, if users upload images, and I sell these images to others via
> > initially providing 'thumbnails' for buyers' review, is displaying
> > 'thumbnails' considered a 'derivative work'?
> I think that merely downsampling is considered transcoding, not
> derivative, but IANAL.

And yet I seem to remember being told different the last time we spoke of
whether a license to a low resolution image also automatically gave the
license to the higher quality image from which it came. This after I had been
told different the first time I brought up the issue.

Does anyone know which it is in fact?

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month
Sayings (Winner 2006)