[cc-licenses] multiple licenses of same image

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Mon Jan 15 00:53:43 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-14-01 at 17:11 -0800, CM wrote:

> If I have a website, and users upload images to my website, can I ask
> them to license their images to me according to CC's by-sa and
> concurrently license their images to all other website visitors
> according to CC's by-nc-sa?

If they license the work to you by-sa, then you are obligated, whenever
you distribute the work, to offer it under the same license (by-sa).
Also, you must offer the same license for all derivative works.

So, I'm not sure your plan has any practical use.

-Evan

Evan Prodromou <evan at prodromou.name>
http://evan.prodromou.name/