[cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Apr 26 15:57:49 EDT 2007

Greg London schrieb:
> On 4/26/07, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:
>>
>> Terry Hancock schrieb:
>> >
>> > 2) Shareware is an utter economic and technical failure, whereas Free
>> > Software is rocking the planet.
>>
>> That depends.
>>
>> The original idea died very quickly.
>> However, it quickly mutated into "try before you buy", and that has been
>> a success.
>
> This only reinforces my point that NC and ND are proprietary licenses.

Non sequitur.
That a concept applies to a successful business doesn't mean it's
useless for noncommercial activities.

Greg, I'm terribly sorry, but I think it's a waste of time arguing with you.

This doesn't mean that your beliefs and values are baseless or
something. It's just that I think you're not doing a good job at
explaining them in a way that I can accept, and that I'm not doing a
good job at explaining my beliefs to you in a way that you can accept.

Having to clear up non sequiturs, terminology, and dogma in your
reasoning made this a particularly unpleasant exercise for me, though
it's probably not your fault in particular (though I sincerely wish
you'd at least acknowledge arguments so that we know where we need not
revisit).

Again, I'm terribly sorry, but the discussion with you has become a
waste of my time (and probably of that of many others too), so I'm
stopping it right here, right now.

Regards,
Jo