[cc-licenses] Stallman On CC

Alexandre Dulaunoy alexandre.dulaunoy at ael.be
Wed Feb 8 12:10:33 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 rob at robmyers.org wrote:

> RMS on the CC licenses (about halfway down the page):
>
> http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771
>
> It's a measured response. Note that CC *do* give details of how many works use
> each of their licenses.
>
> I disagree about the sampling license, though. In many ways it is CC's best
> license, as it is the only one which genuinely reflects a particular creative
> group's "social contract" (samplers) the same way the GPL does for hackers.

"You may  not use this work  to advertise for or  promote anything but
the work you create from it."

It's still a  NC-like license... so not free by  default.  So not like
the GPL ;-)

> And it's not in the interview, but the FSF license pages now recommend the Free
> Art License for art. Which I think is a bad idea. Art needs access to, and to
> be accessed by, broader culture.

Free Art License is a free license and there is no restriction like NC
or ND. Broader  access is permitted with the  Free Art License... than
the restrictive CCs.

Just my IMHO,

have a nice day,

adulau

--
** Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) **** http://www.foo.be/ **** 0x44E6CBCD
**/ "To  disable the  Internet to  save EMI  and Disney  is  the moral