[cc-licenses] new license

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Tue Sep 27 19:34:17 EDT 2005

version 2.5 of the licenses requires attribution to:

"(i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if
supplied, and/or (ii) if the Original Author and/or Licensor
designate another party or parties (e.g. a sponsor institute,
publishing entity, journal)

...so yes, the current version is designed to take account of
journal's desire to be acknowledged as the first source of
publication. this is similar to the open access law program which is
part of the science commons project: http://sciencecommons.org/
literature/oalaw

you can also find information about the change in the attribution
requirement from these blog entries: http://creativecommons.org/
weblog/5447 and http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5457