[cc-licenses] Blog Engine License Advice Requested
carl at vinebranches.com
Tue Oct 25 18:23:52 EDT 2005
Hey I've got a blog engine and website content management
system that I'd like to give away to folks for their
personal use. My product is not distributed as source
code -- it is distributed as an executable file (DLL) and
other user-alterable files such as configuration file,
style sheets, and content files.
CC by-nc-sa 2.5 seems perfect. It appears that this
license will let folks...
* alter default sytlesheets
* alter default template files
* alter default configuration files
* add images
* add content
* create and manage a website for themselves or others for
BUT NOT DO THIS:
* create a website for a client then charge them for it
My two questions:
(1) Could folks comment on my current understanding of
said license terms?
(2) Can I exempt the DLL from the license? Meaning, I do
not want my product's DLL altered (because then, well,
it's really not my product is it?) If I need an exemption,
what would it look like?
Thanks for any insight you can provide.
More information about the cc-licenses